- Non-Account Activity. You can browse the site without having an account, but will not be able to publish.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities - specifically, adding or editing content, and in some cases submitting inquiries to Nippop - require a Nippop Account. When you create an account we will ask you for some basic information, including your email address and a password, for the purpose of protecting your account from unauthorized access. Email address and password-related information will NOT be displayed publicly on the Nippop site unless you include them in your profile (and we recommend you don't).
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when and how you use Nippop, your favorite artists, the videos you watch, content you publish, and the frequency and size of data transfers. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. As mentioned above, we will not publish your real name or email account in your public profile, and do not suggest adding yourself.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through Nippop, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of Nippop, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your username is displayed to other users when you add or edit content. Your email address is not.
- We do not use your email address to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Nippop site changes, changes in user status, etc.).
- We may use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (including anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Nippop site and create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user activity, preferences, and trends.
Publicly Available Information
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of videos you have watched.
- Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as you adding videos or send messages. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- You may also choose to add personal information that will visible to other Users on your public life page (which is the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, you name, gender, relationship status, or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other Users. Such shared activity may include what videos you favorite, what videos you rated and what videos you have watched.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Nippop Sites, in which case you can still view videos and explore Nippop, but Nippop may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced Nippop features may, for authentication purposes, require you to sign up for a Nippop account.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites